General College Information
28 days ago
Hello Cypress Parents! Be College Informed!
California College Applications deadlines for Fall 2018 Admissions are November 30th!
Seniors will be applying to Colleges while in Senior Seminar but they will need your help with the process.
Today, financial aid officers and financial advisors often recommend PLUS loans (Parent Loans for Undergraduate Students) to families looking to bridge the college affordability gap.
Unlike scholarships or grants, PLUS loans are not need-based. Parents can borrow up to 100% of the estimated cost of their child s college attendance, including tuition, room and board, books, transportation and additional expenses, minus any other financial aid awarded to the student and they can do so retroactively to cover educational costs they've already incurred for the current school year.
Other PLUS loan benefits include tax deductibility of PLUS loan interest payments and a favorable interest rate. Many people take advantage of the PLUS loan due to the low interest rates and favorable repayment terms. With simple interest rates as low as 2.22%, many families place the money that they were going to use for college into investments that earn more compounding interest.
Selecting the best college funding options for your family will depend on your specific financial circumstances and personal preferences. In the end, most families pay their portion of college costs using some combination of disposable income, savings, and long term financing.
The following sites give clarity to that labyrinth known as Financial Aid.
College Board is a mission-driven not-for-profit organization that connects students to college success and opportunity.
Mapping Your Future is a national collaborative, public-service project of the financial aid industry. Their vision is to be the leading public-service, collaborative provider of free information and services for schools, and for students and families as they consider college, financial aid, careers, and financial literacy options.
FinAid provides a free comprehensive, independent and objective guide to student financial aid. Links to numerous financial aid web sites.
Sallie Mae Financial aid information for parents and students.
Official website of the United States Department of Education.
Education Planner is your one-stop education website. They have the information you need to find a career, choose a college, university or career school, apply and pay for postsecondary education, then move into the working world.
College Financial Aid Guide is loaded with valuable information and resources regarding financial aid, including loan services, a glossary to explain loan terms, upcoming scholarship deadlines, and additional suggestions to make the process less stressful.
29 days ago
Breakthroughs happen here.
Waived tuition for High School students:
- Tuition will be waived for .25 to 11 units, but students must pay the mandatory student fees, typically totaling approximately $30-$35.
- When enrolling in more than 11 units, tuition will be required for all units (no waivers apply).
- Apply for Board of Governor’s Fee Waiver (BOGW) if taking over 11 units and pay mandatory student fees.
- Check out additional information here
- Concurrent Enrollment Form
Students may apply to Cabrillo College for enrichment and for elective classes.
- Obtain a High School Release Form from the Cypress office, with the principal's signature.
- Link to Cabrillo College concurrent enrollment information.
- Browse the catalog and find classes of interest
- Concurrent Enrollment Form
- Note: Remember that High School Release forms are in the Cypress office. All high school students under 18 will need this form in order to sign up for classes.
- Find out more information about this unique program here