about 1 month ago
It is my absolute pleasure to begin my tenure as principal of Cypress High School. As of July 1 (my official first day) I have hit the road running, making plans and working hard to ensure we all have a fabulous 2017-18 school year.
I have worked at Cypress High School for almost 12 years. Over the course of my many years here, I've seen our campus grow and change. We've doubled our student population, added new classrooms, and expanded our course offerings to include more electives and a-g classes. We have ALWAYS provided a safe space for students from across the county to be known as individuals and given ample opportunities to thrive and grown into their best selves. It is my number one priority to ensure that this emphasis on individual student growth and success continues under my leadership. I look forward to working with students and families old and new. I'm excited for all the new opportunities and adventures to come.
A few announcements:
1. I am pleased to welcome Ms. Rachel Star to Cypress High School. She was hired by a team of students and teachers to be our new Guidance Counselor. Rachel has experience working at a large comprehensive high school where she focused on academics and college and career readiness, as well as a small alternative high school where she focused on social and emotional wellness. She's very excited to join the team here at Cypress and have the opportunity to incorporate both sides of school counseling. Welcome Ms. Star!
2. I'm also pleased to welcome Ms. Kris Hill who will be our new Resource teacher. Ms. Hill has many years of experience as a Special Ed teacher and has worked for Live Oak School District and Chartwell School. Welcome Ms. Hill!
3. While Señora Parker is on maternity leave this year, we are pleased to have Mr. Jordan Webb teach Spanish 1 - 3 this school year. Welcome Mr. Jordan Webb!
4. New Student Orientation is Thursday, August 17th at 10 a.m. Students will participate in activities with current students, receive their schedules, have their picture taken and learn everything they need to know for a successful start at Cypress. Lunch will be provided.
5. Returning Students may pick up their schedules and have their pictures taken on August 17th between 10 a.m. and 12 p.m.
6. The first day of school in Monday, August 21st.
Enjoy the rest of your summer. I will be available by email for the next few weeks and back in the office on a regular basis the first week of August.
3 months ago
3: 11:00 - 12:10
Lunch: 12:10 - 12:40
4: 12:45 - 1:55
Break: 1:55 - 2:05
5: 2:05 - 3:15
Tues / Thurs Schedule
1: 8:30 - 10:10
2: 10:15 - 11:55
Lunch: 11:55 - 12:25
3: 12:30 - 2:10
Break: 2:10 - 2:20
4: 2:20 - 4:00
June 5th - June 8th
Mon, June 5th Tues, June 6th Wed, June 7th Thurs, June 8th
A1: 8:30 - 10:30 B1: 8:30 - 10:30 A3: 8:30 - 10:30 B3: 8:30 - 10:30
A2: 10:45 - 12:45 B2: 10:45 - 12:45 A4: 10:45 - 12:45 B4: 10:45 - 12:45
A5: 1:15 - 3:15